More than meets the eye.
We're way more than just a way for you to see quality television! We are creators of content—and we can make media for you. From a production house to our state's only publicly-accessible Lightboard, and event space for your meetings (even weddings), we are not the end of the creative process, but a destination for your vision. We are PBS North Carolina. Find out more about us and what we offer.
PBS North Carolina offers affordable and creative solutions to meet your needs.
Think outside the box:
- Custom Production Services
- NC's Only Publicly-Accessible Lightboard
- Unmatched Venue for Special Events
PBS North Carolina
As North Carolina's only statewide public media network, PBS North Carolina's 12 stations provide all 100 counties with four full-time, unique broadcast program channels:
- PBS NC
- The Explorer Channel
- Rootle UNC-TV's 24/7 PBS KIDS Channel
- North Carolina Channel Stories with a Local Accent
Our Mission Is To:
- Connect North Carolinians with each other, the world and endless possibility, while accompanying people of all ages on their journey of exploration and discovery.
- Create, share and celebrate our stories of place, progress and pride.
- Provide quality educational content and services of consequence for our audiences.
Our Vision Is To Be:
- A trusted, attentive and cherished partner to North Carolinians in our shared pursuit of a higher quality of life.
- A highly relevant, respected and revered media organization.
- A community supported resource whose value is shared by many diverse communities, organizations, and individuals across our state.
Our Core Values & Beliefs:
- Put the community and audience first.
- Strive for excellence.
- Be open-minded, respectful and inclusive of diverse views, cultures and beliefs.
- Be courageous, bold and innovative.
- Have the integrity to do the right thing.
- Humbly serve the citizens of North Carolina and our neighbors.
- Have fun and treat each other with respect.