Access thousands of free videos, including full episodes and clips from top PBS KIDS series. With this app, kids can watch their favorite PBS KIDS shows anytime, anywhere.
Introducing the Explore NC App for Young Learners and Families
The augmented reality app celebrates North Carolina's rich cultural and natural heritage. Each experience offers educational and entertainment enrichment for children and families looking to learn more about important sites in North Carolina.
Experiences in the app include:
- An exhilarating flight simulation at the Wright Brothers National Memorial
- A 360-degree encounter with endangered red wolves in their den at the North Carolina Zoo
- An augmented reality concert featuring a string quartet from the North Carolina Symphony
- An interactive game with an indigenous carnivorous Venus flytrap
- A 3D look at a life-size bronze statue of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. It also features an audio excerpt from the Civil Rights leader’s famous “I Have a Dream” speech, which he first delivered at a high school gymnasium in Rocky Mount, NC.
Additional experiences will be added regularly by the team at PBS North Carolina.
How to Download the Explore NC App
Developed with support from and in partnership with the North Carolina Department of Natural and Cultural Resources (NCDNCR) as part of their NCLearn initiative, Explore NC is a free app offering young learners and their families a fun and immersive way to explore the state’s natural, cultural and historical attractions from wherever they are.